Digital Learning Cornwall
Digital Learning Cornwall is the EdTech research & training department of the Aspire Academy Trust. We cut through the hype and jargon to identify technologies that have genuine impact in education, including real-world implementation and practical detail.
*** FREE CPD bookings up to Easter 2022 now available ***
*** Access FREE for all events due to DfE-funded, EdTech Demonstrator School status. Please see individual event details for further info ***
We are delighted to be part of the Department for Education's EdTech Demonstrator Programme.
The programme, now in its second year, has switched away from the focus on remote learning, to the many ways that schools can modernise how they work - and enhance classroom practice - with easy-to-access, affordable technologies.
Recent & upcoming online events:
Tapestry for all staff levels and requirements
EdTech Leadership & Strategy for your School
School & MAT IT Infranstructure - Choices Forward
Microsoft Excel & Forms for school admin
Protect your School from Cyber Attacks
Explore Seesaw in context of In-Class & Blended Learning
EdTech Maths: Explore tools that have genuine impact
Google Classroom and extra tools for Blended Learning including use of video
Book Creator: Motivate & Engage both In-Class and Remotely
Book Creator for school admin and communication
We are happy to work with your setting and staff through means such as:
* Video-call consultations with key stakeholders and SLT, including 1:1 and group.
* Larger multi-attendance meetings and webinars focusing on tech areas and product overviews; plus in-depth practical applications for all school staff.
* Easily accessible online guidance materials, recordings, documentation and strategy. Click here.
With a specialist focus on primary education, our principal areas in current circumstances are:
* Choosing and using learning platforms and associated EdTech software for teaching, communication and feedback; including Google Classroom, Seesaw, Class Dojo, Tapestry, Wonde Single Sign On, Loom & Screencastify, Book Creator.
* Understanding how to deploy and manage specific curriculum-based EdTech systems that children love to use and teachers can work with remotely.
* Safeguarding considerations and options for SEND education.
* MAT-wide & school strategies for communicating to families clearly; creating and maintaining presence through use of video, social media and web-sites.
* Utilising a school’s MIS to keep parents informed and distribute information effectively. Integrating your MIS data with other school EdTech systems.
* Strategies for organising and running internal staff communications; management of documents and workflow processes. Particular emphasis on use of Microsoft 365 / Teams / SharePoint.
* Guidance on procurement and setup of equipment; planning provision for devices in-school; advising on single sign-on principles and workflows; necessarily opinionated hardware and software choices.