Digital Learning Cornwall
Digital Learning Cornwall is the EdTech training department of the Aspire Academy Trust. We cut through the hype and jargon to identify, refine and demonstrate technologies that have real impact in primary education.
*** CPD bookings for July and Autumn Term available very shortly ***
*** Access FREE for all events due to DfE-funded, EdTech Demonstrator School status - please see individual event details for further info ***
Learning Journals for Early Years and beyond with Tapestry
EdTech Leadership & Strategy for your School
Explore Seesaw in context of Blended Learning
EdTech / Maths: Explore tools that have impact, particularly for Blended Learning
Google Classroom for Blended Learning including video work
We are delighted to be chosen as one of the first twenty to participate in the DfE EdTech Demonstrators programme, a government-backed initiative supporting schools and trusts to deliver remote learning during the coronavirus period - and to build the foundations of solid future Edtech strategies.
We can work with your setting and staff through means such as:
* Video-call consultations with key stakeholders and SLT, including 1:1 and group.
* Larger multi-attendance meetings and webinars focusing on tech areas and product overviews; plus in-depth practical applications for teachers and other school staff.
* Easily accessible online guidance materials, recordings and bespoke strategic plans.
With a specialist focus on primary education, our principal areas in current circumstances are:
* Choosing and using VLE platforms and associated EdTech software for teaching, communication and feedback, including Google Classroom, Seesaw, Class Dojo, Tapestry, Wonde Single Sign On, Screencastify, Book Creator.
* Understanding how to deploy and manage specific curriculum-based EdTech systems that children love to use and teachers can work with remotely.
* Safeguarding considerations and options for SEND education.
* Strategies for MATs & schools for communicating to families clearly; creating and maintaining presence through use of video, social media and web-sites.
* Utilising a school’s MIS to keep parents informed and distribute information effectively. Integrating your MIS data with other school EdTech systems.
* Strategies for organising and running internal staff communications; management of documents and workflow processes. Particular emphasis on use of Microsoft 365 / Teams / SharePoint.
* Guidance on procurement and setup of equipment including back-to-school circumstances; distributing devices to children; utilising single sign-on technologies; specific and informed hardware choices.