The members are akin to the shareholders of a company. They have ultimate control over the academy trust, with the ability to appoint some of the trustees and the right to amend the trust’s articles of association.
In summary, members are required to -
- safeguard and promote the values of the Trust, acting as 'ambassadors' for the Trust
- ensure the Trust acts within its Objectives as set out in the Articles of Association
- hold the Board to account
- appoint and (where necessary) remove Trustees
- receive reports and financial statements
Sandra is a founder member of the Aspire MAT. She was Chair of governors at Sandy Hill Academy for many years and was also the Chair of Aspire Trust Board until stepping down last year.
Chris is a founder member of the Aspire MAT. Chris has a background in education as a trained teacher. He was also a Director of the Trust and a member of the finance committee until recently stepping down.
Paul is a former Hub Council Chair and long time supporter of the Trust.
Askel Veur (meaning ‘Great Wing’ in Cornish) is The Diocese of Truro’s Academies Umbrella Company.
The Board of Directors has diverse skills encompassing school improvement, higher education, legal expertise, governance and business acumen.