The application window for a Reception Class place - September 2021 is now open. The closing date is 15th January 2021.
You can apply online for a school place via Cornwall Council School Admissions.
If you need further advice on the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 1234 101.
For help completing the application, understanding the process or other aspects of school admissions, or if your family's first language is not English, you can also contact the Family Information Service or call them on 0800 587 8191.
Deferred/Delayed Admission to Reception Year
The majority of children start school full-time in the September following their fourth birthday. However, in some cases parents believe that starting part-time or starting later in the school year would be more appropriate for their child, particularly where their child was born prematurely and would otherwise have been due to start school a year later.
Parents can speak to the Family Information Service on 0800 587 8191 for advice and request a meeting with the head of the school where they have been allocated, or are hoping to gain, a place.
AAT-Arrangements-2020-21-determined-1.pdf * Biscovey Academy admits children born between 1st September 2011 and 31st August 2012. Deferred/Delayed Admission is not relevant. **Penryn Primary Academy PAN has changed from 70 to 60.
Consultation for 2022/23 Admissions
In accordance with the School Admissions Regulations 2012 and the School Admissions Code 2014, the Directors of Aspire Academy Trust (AAT) are consulting on their proposed admission arrangements for the 2022/23 school year regarding the academies named below.
Consultees are advised that the reasons for this consultation are:
1. the reduction of the Published Admission Numbers from 90 to 60 for both:
- Biscovey Nursery and Infants’ Academy
- Biscovey Academy; and
2. the removal of the oversubscription criteria for the 2022/23 academic year:
- Religious reasons for St Uny CE Academy
The following persons are invited to comment:
- parents of children between the ages of two and eighteen
- other admission authorities in the “relevant area” (i.e. the Local Authority and the governing bodies of primary schools/academies within a five-mile radius which are their own admission authority)
- and other persons living in the relevant area who, in the opinion of the Directors, have an interest in the proposed admission arrangements
- The Diocese (St Uny C of E Academy only)
If any of the persons or bodies above should wish to request a paper or electronic copy of these proposals or if any of the persons or bodies above should wish to comment on these proposals, please contact:
Lead Governance Officer, Aspire Academy Trust, Unit 20, St Austell Business Park, Carclaze, St Austell, Cornwall, PL25 4FD.
Email: Victoria Edwards via email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of comments is 25 January 2021.