How to Apply
In order to undertaking primary teacher training with us, you will need to have:
- A first degree of a UK Higher Education Institution, which must be a 2:2 or above (achieved or pending).
- GCSE or O-Level Maths, English and Science at grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications). From Summer 2017 the grades required under the new GCSE are 4-9.
How to Apply
- Applications can be submitted via the UCAS website.
- You'll need to show us why teaching is your chosen career and that you have the talent, skills and passion to be a teacher. We are looking for the potential in individuals to become excellent primary teachers with Aspire, where a wealth of career opportunities are available.
- To find us on UCAS, search for Aspire Teaching Trust using the search function. Our full UCAS details are listed below.
- Search for us using the government's directory of teacher training providers here.
When completing your application, remember to follow the UCAS guidelines. If you completed academic study within the last 5 years, one of your referees must be an academic tutor. You must include a reference from your current employment or voluntary work placement - ideally somebody who can vouch for your suitability to teach.
The work experience/history section of the application must be comprehensive, detailing all of your work history. This must include all employed or voluntary school roles, as well as other work. All gaps in between roles must be accounted for.
Ensuring applications are correctly completed helps to speed up the process through shortlisting, as we will request missing information which will delay proceedings.
If your application is successful, you'll be invited to an interview at one of our Aspire schools. You'll be observed leading an activity with a group of children, write a written reflection of your activity and complete a formal interview.
Aspire Teaching Trust - Teacher Training Code for UCAS
- Training provider code name: A2783
- Training provider code: 2HB
- Training programme code: 38KY