Celebrating a GOOD school
We are delighted to announce that following a recent OFSTED inspection, Biscovey Nursery & Infants' Academy has been graded as a Good Provider.
Key points made by Her Majesty's Inspector included:
Pupils are well prepared for the next stage of their education by the time they leave the school at the end of Year 2
More pupils make good progress to reach the national average compared with other pupils nationally in reading, writing and mathematics
- Leaders and managers have a strong commitment and good capacity to continue to improve the school
- There is a strong culture of safeguarding in the school
- Pupils feel safe in school and say that they know how to keep safe
- Early Years' teachers have engaged in a national project to encourage boys to write in the early years. Teachers have enhanced the learning environments indoors and out, to promote and improve boys' writing. Boys in the early years are now eager to write and make good progress
- Leaders' actions to improve disadvantaged pupils' attainment and progress in Key Stage 1 have also been successful
- Children with Special Education Needs make good progress against their targets. Typically, parent comments reflect the high esteem they hold for teaching assistants and teachers
- Significant work has been done to improve attendance over the last academic year
The full report can be read below:
OFSTED Report - Biscovey Nursery & Infants' Academy - May 2019
This Ofsted rating is a true reflection of all the staff's hard work and continued commitment to the children of Biscovey Nursery & Infants' Academy and on behalf of the Aspire Academy Trust, we thank each and every one.