Lead Teacher (Deputy Head) - Truro Learning Academy
Truro Learning Academy is a vibrant community of 180 children serving the Malabar area, to the west side of Truro. We are lucky enough to have extensive grounds and take every opportunity to be outside, come rain or shine!
Our school motto is 'Aspire to Achieve' and this is reflected in all that we do. We use the Cornerstone curriculum and believe that the best and most effective way for our children to learn is through engagement and our Imaginative Learning Projects. These enable teachers and children to learn together.
We are looking for a committed Lead Teacher to join our dedicated and aspirational team. The successful candidate will assist the Head of School in implementing a rapid improvement programme, with a focus on improving the quality of education and raising academic standards. This role would suit an enthusiastic and highly capable teacher with leadership experience, who is now keen to develop further as a senior leader.
Candidates will have shown a belief that all children, including the most disadvantaged, can achieve at least the national standard in the outcomes they have led.
This unique role will enable you to continue teaching and modelling good practice whilst developing your own leadership skills through coaching and mentoring.
You will be an enthusiastic, ambitious and driven leader with exceptional teaching skills and will play an active role in the rapid development of our school.
Beginning in Reception class, the Lead Teacher should have current knowledge and experience of the Early Years curriculum. The right candidate will be determined to deliver an exceptional EYFS curriculum that prepares children effectively for Key Stage One.
We can offer you:
• Exciting leadership development within and beyond the school
• Opportunities to develop as an SLE
• Excellent support from the Trust with your own development through our bespoke Aspire CPD programme
• A friendly, supportive and positive team
• Extensive grounds for outdoor learning opportunities
• Involvement in an established and aspirational Academy Trust
• An excellent Health & Wellbeing offer
• The opportunity to live and work in the beautiful county of Cornwall
We are looking for someone who:
• Is keen to share and develop their own excellent practice
• Is reflective and evidence-informed in their approach
• Has the skills and knowledge to guide and advise others in their practice and development
• Has high expectations of their own teaching and the children
The Head of School welcomes enquiries by telephone, tel 01872 277635
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, please apply as soon as you can, if interested
The proposed interview date will be 23rd October 2020
Completed application forms can be emailed to email@example.com or returned via post to:
Aspire Academy Trust, Unit 20, St Austell Business Park, St Austell, Cornwall, PL25 4FD